PG Tips Dairy Free

I have to admit since giving up dairy I’ve never really had a problem with using dairy alternatives in hot drinks. Some brands might curdle but overall, I’ve never had major problems with tea or coffee (often with high acidity coffee it helps to warm the dairy alternative up slightly to stop it splitting). However, PG tips think this might be a problem for those not using dairy and have created a tea blend that they claim partners perfectly with dairy alternatives and is specifically designed to go with it.










I’m not really a traditional tea drinker (coffee and green tea are my things) but whenever I’ve used dairy alternatives in tea, I’ve never really had a problem. I tend to have my tea weak and then a small splash of almond or oat drink and this tastes okay to me, although I admit it doesn’t taste like a traditional cuppa.
The new PG tips blend were on offer in Sainsburys when I was doing my shop so thought I’d give them a go. I tried it with both an oat and an almond drink and both times it resulted in a pleasant, light tea that really did taste like a traditional cup of tea and the colour even looked right as well, which I don’t always get from dairy alternatives. 
I’m not sure if it’s a completely necessary addition to your cupboard but if you find you can’t quite recreate your favourite cup of tea with a dairy alternative, it might be worth a go. It’s quite a full-bodied tea in my opinion for those who like a proper cuppa so don’t leave it in too long like I did on my first try, which I found too strong. However, if you like a real builders’ brew then this can definitely deliver.

Comments

What's hot